Friday 11 May 2012

New Job Update and America Research

It's been far too long since my last post. No excuses I know, but I have been working a lot and it's made me pretty tired! The problem with working in an office for years is you get complacent and lazy. Going from that to working in a kitchen is a complete change. You are always kept on your toes, physically and mentally, and it's taking some getting used too. This definitely is not a complaint mind you, just a change of habit and we all know how difficult those are to break! It's going really well at work though. I feel myself learning new things that I'm sure will stand me in good stead in the future and just being in that kitchen environment is great experience. I can't help but feel frustration though, as there's not a lot of actual cooking that goes on, with it being a pub chain. I suppose a better job title would be microwave technician. I'm not at all surprised however, I knew what it would be like but I am worried I could potentially pick up bad habits, but I'm not letting it worry me, it's just something I think I'll have to be mindful of going forward.

At the end of May and into the beginning of June, me, my fiance Emma and three other friends - Bram, Eloise and Rich - are off to the East Coast of America on a mini road trip for ten days on our way to our friends wedding. We will be visiting and travelling through four states - New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and finally we will be heading to Vermont for the wedding itself. I've spent hours looking for attractions and things to do in the cities of Philadelphia and Boston where we will be staying but mostly I've been looking at the food that will be available to us. I have to say, it all looks incredible. I'm looking forward to sampling an authentic Philly Cheesesteak (and the subsequent run up the Rocky steps to work the calories off) and the Reading Terminal Market seems to have all possible cuisines under one roof! The fresh seafood from Boston harbour promises to be something special. The lobster rolls, fresh crab and 'chow-da' all look great. I love my meat but sometimes you simply can't beat fresh from the sea, well cooked fish. What I've found could fill plenty of future blogs, in fact it probably will do!

I promise not to leave it as long before my next post!

Thanks

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment