Wednesday 25 April 2012

Foodie-Movie Merchandise and Non-Sunday Roasts

Apart from food my other great passion is film. Me and Emma often combine the two, either I make something or we have a cheeky take-away and stick a film on. There's nothing better. When these two things - food and the movies - combine, sometimes the result is unexpected, ridiculous, brilliant or all three. Some of my favourite films are the Star Wars trilogy (the originals, the less said about the most recent ones the better) and there are some great Star Wars related food items out there. One of the best I've seen is the Lightsaber chopsticks. What better to go with your sushi than a fight against the Dark Lord?



Even Darth Vader had a birthday. Why not make him a cake in his own image? He'd like that.

And these cupcakes are fantastic.


There's loads more, not just for Star Wars either, but loads of others. May the forks be with you.

A Sunday roast is a perfect meal. You get a bit of everything on your plate and rarely disappointed with what you eat. I think I read somewhere recently that it's the only meal of the week where families actually all sit together and eat around a table, and even that's dying out now. I don't think we should restrict ourselves to a roast on a Sunday though. The roast chicken I had on Monday evening really hit the spot. So why not have a roast no matter what day of the week it is? Also, those leftovers are always good.



You'll remember I recently started my second new job within a couple of weeks, this one being inside of the kitchen preparing the food, not just serving it. It's going well so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. Hard work, early mornings and late finishes but you won't hear me complaining, my career is just beginning!

Thanks for reading.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment